Monday 20 May 2019

Better

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.                                                    Eph. 1.17


There is much in this first chapter of Paul’s letter to the Ephesians that I could select for meditation. However, I have chosen this verse because it so clearly captures my deep desire and states it with simplicity: that I may know him better.

The Spirit, I believe, is God’s agent with us on earth today. Paul asks for the presence of the Spirit. I am open. I am ready. I know God is with me in His Spirit. I want more and I believe to receive more. Jesus has told me: “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” (Matt. 21.22) 



Lord God, Father of Jesus,
I echo the prayer of Paul. I ask, and I keep asking, that You give me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that I may know You better.
I seek constant infilling – to overflowing – of Your Holy Spirit. I pray for all the fruit of the Spirit. I ask for spiritual gifts to empower me to minister for You.
I seek greater relationship, deeper intimacy with You – with Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
I rejoice in You and want more. You are my life. Receive me, Lord. Enjoy me, I pray, as I look to enjoy the fullness of You in my life.
Paul was right to encourage the early believers to want to know You better. I receive his encouragement and add it to my own desire. I want to go further with You.
Hear my cry, my heart-cry. Receive my request in prayer and answer it please, in Jesus’ name I ask. May I know You better.                  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment