Friday 24 May 2019

Salvation and Sanctification

I thank my God… being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.             Phil. 1.3a, 6


The work that Paul is referring to here is God’s work of salvation in the believer. It begins with God drawing the individual to Jesus; the individual accepts Jesus and is “born again”. This is an act, an event, but the process of salvation continues. I believe God’s work in salvation continues in the believer until the day of leaving this world and entering eternity. In this time God is cleaning out and cleaning up the individual as He sanctifies, as He makes us, daily, more Christ-like.

Along the way there is work that God will undoubtedly do in the individual. Through Holy Spirit ministry, He may bring conviction of sin. The true sign of the Spirit will be that His conviction comes without condemnation. Deliverance may be necessary, and God will lead in this. He may bring healing, and might also secure the provision of satisfying certain wants and needs, inasmuch as such will fulfil His purpose.

All of this comprises the completion of God’s good work in a person which begins with the receiving of Christ as Saviour and Lord.



Lord God,
I thank You that I have been born again into Your saving and sanctifying grace.
I know that You are active in my life and I am most grateful for this. I invite and implore You to continue to completion the good work that You have begun in me. I want to be fully Your person. I give myself to You. I ask for Your leading and guidance. I want to follow You all the days of my life. May Your will be done in everything that I do, and in all that happens to me.
I love You. Receive my love. Grow me in You. In Jesus’ name I ask.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment