Thursday 21 June 2018

The life I live

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.    Gal. 2.20

Jesus invited me into relationship with Himself, and I responded in the affirmative. I allow Him to draw me to the Father. He says, “Come, follow me.” I give myself to this, and I seek – as best I am able – to live in the Father’s will.

Today, perhaps as much as any time in history – and certainly more than in my earlier years – we live in the age of the ego! Individuals are out for themselves, seeking to satisfy their own wants and desires, and often not giving the slightest thought to others and their needs. 

This is not God’s way! God demands that we put Him first: You shall have no other gods before me. (Exod. 20.3) How often, indeed, do we see others, even Christians, put another “god” (wealth, prosperity, health, popularity) before the Lord God.

This is not what Jesus intended when He said, “Come, follow me.”Jesus lived the whole of His earthly life in compliance with the Father’s will for Him (Luke 22.42). He was obedient to the point of death (Phil. 2.8). He spoke only what the Father would have Him speak (John 12.49.50).

Jesus gave us the perfect example (John 13.15).

He issues us with a new command that we are to follow: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. (John 13.34)He expects us to do this.

There are times when I experience great difficulty in following Jesus. I cannot love as He would have me love. At these times, I cry out to Him, “Lord, I find it difficult to love this person. Please show me them as You see them.” He does so, and it changes me.

Jesus is ever there to help me, and lead me in that change that makes me, truly, a child of God.



Loving God,
I give myself wholeheartedly to being Your child. I seek to follow Jesus into the fullness of Your will for me. Lead me through this day, and every day, to Your praise and glory.          Amen.                                                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment