Monday 18 June 2018

Impossible?

And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.                                          Heb. 11.6


I was created to please God. Through Adam I was denied the opportunity to be directly pleasing to Him. Jesus has restored me. It is none of my doing. It is fully the atoning work of God given freely for me.

Do I believe this? Most certainly I do. I have faith, abundant faith to believe for this. I believe God is. I must believe that I can please Him. I need faith for this. I need faith to also believe that God will reward me as I seek Him. No, surely I know this. I know this for I have indeed experienced it. As I have sought God, I have been rewarded. He has drawn me close; He has spoken to me; and He has shared wonderful promises and insights with me.

Do I have faith? Yes, I do, but I want more!



Lord God,
I thank You for the faith that I have, for I believe it came from You. I thank You for it but I ask for more.
I want to please You. My desire is to be totally pleasing to You in all that I am and in all that I do.
I want to come to You and live with You. I pray earnestly and sincerely that I might work in the closest cooperation with You.
Yes, Lord, I want to live with You and work with You, and relax with You and rest with You.
Thank You for my faith,          
            please increase it, 
in Jesus’ name I ask.               Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment