Tuesday 26 June 2018

Grace

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."           2 Cor. 12.5                                                                                                                        


With these words, God makes it abundantly clear to me that His grace is all I need – nothing more is necessary! I need to do nothing other than open myself up to His will, to be willing to let Him have His way in me. This has been my ardent desire for some time now.

I have heard grace described as: the overflowing favour of God. I believe, with the words of God quoted above, that He is inviting me to live, fully and permanently, in His overflowing favour. He tells me clearly that His grace is sufficient for me. What does this mean if not that I need nothing else? As I look to Him, and as I give myself, willingly and freely to Him, so He will provide for me, He will lead and guide me, He will protect, equip and enable me and, I dare to think, He will lead me into the fulfilment of His will for me. 

Today I begin the next phase of chemotherapy treatment. Yesterday I discovered that it is likely to be more regular than I had previously envisaged. I have been feeling amazingly well and positive to this time. Of course, I have experienced some challenges and minor irritations (such as sleep upheaval and deprivation) but my chief attitude and response has been one of optimism and a positive outlook. I am not able to seriously consider cancer in me. My thinking is, rather, that there was a tumour in my brain, but it is no longer there! It is gone – and I can get on with living. 

The coming treatment is a reminder to me that more work is necessary before I can consider myself to be disease-free. 

So, what can I do? I can turn to God, and open myself completely to Him. I can expect, and receive, His grace, His overflowing favour. And I can be satisfied that this is all I need.




Lord, Mighty God,
I feel strong. I open myself to the wonder and power of Your grace. I know this is all I need. I rest in Your grace. I am at peace. I thank You, in love.                        Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment