Thursday 14 June 2018

Sin?

It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands  of the living God.                                Heb. 10.31


We are saved by the blood of Jesus. His sacrifice was no small work. God is gracious and will forgive the sins of the truly repentant and receive them back in relationship.

Yet we must beware of wilful sin. There is nowhere a clear definition of this, therefore our preferred action is to beware of all sin; this will surely keep us from wilful sin.

For the wilful sinner there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins but, in its place, a “terrifying expectation of judgment”.

Let me be truly aware of the snare of sin and let me be ever vigilant and alert against it. But there is more. What of my worldly brothers and sisters who perpetuate sin without thought to the redemption hard won for them and, I’m sure, quite without a real awareness or acceptance of the judgment that awaits them?
For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.”(Heb. 10.30)

Where grace abounds, justice will surely also be greater.

I want to help those who live, unwittingly perhaps, in the ways of the world and out of the Way of God. I don’t feel confident in myself. This is good. I can look to God and ask Him to lead me, to guide me, to work through me.



Lord God,
I ask You to help me to understand the trap of sin and to guard myself against it. I surrender completely to you. Lead me, by Your Holy Spirit.
I ask You also to equip and enable me to reach the lost, to touch them for You, to be able to give them the message clearly and with a relevance to their lives. I ask You to help me to lead them to You. I ask these things in Jesus’ name.                    Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment