Friday 19 May 2017

God's Temple

Now set your mind and heart to seek the LORD your God. Go and build the sanctuary of the LORD God so that the ark of the covenant of the LORD and the holy vessels of God may be brought into a house built for the name of the LORD.       1 Chron. 22.19


These are words that David spoke to Solomon in his charge to him to go forward in the work that God had ordained for him. They are also words that I take up for myself.

There is a definite action for me to set my mind and heart to seek God. This is a desire within me. I want God more than anything else. I sense that my heart is more fully His than my mind is, for my mind gets waylaid and distracted by other things, mainly issues of the flesh. I seek to put God before these other distractions. I know this is not easy but I must give it my best shot.

Solomon was commissioned to build the Temple as a place where the ark of the covenant and the holy vessels of God could be housed. These things represented the presence of God and the practice of God in daily living.

The “temple” I see for me is my very being. I am the place where I want the presence of God to dwell and I want to practice God daily in my living. To this end I cry out to God. I give myself to Him. I pray that He will take me and grow these things in me, and form me to live in His presence and continually practice Him in my life. I cannot achieve this in my own strength and resources. For this, I need Him. And how joyous it is to cry out to Him in this need!



Great God,

I ask You to form me into a temple where You reside. I open myself up to have Your presence dwelling always in me. And I seek to practice You in my daily living.

Show me how, Lord. Lead me in Your ways. Consume me in You. Grow me in Christ, to Your praise and glory.              Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment