Thursday 4 May 2017

Expressions

O give thanks to the LORD, call on his name, make known his deeds among the peoples. Sing to him, sing praises to him, tell of all his wonderful works.                                                                                                                                                       1 Chron. 16.8,9

These words together with the rest of David’s psalm speak wonderfully of God and of our relationship with Him.

The psalm opens with thanksgiving. What a great way to come before God, affirming His goodness and our appreciation of the relationship into which He has brought us.

The words exhort us to make known His deeds. This is the essence of Kerygma – the proclamation of the Gospel. This is the sharing of God. It is freely speaking forth of that wonderful relationship of love and grace.

Then we are encouraged to sing to Him. There is an intimacy suggested to me by these words. I can picture lovers where one sings to the other. They are sharing their love in the sweetest and deepest way.

I am in all of this. I love God and yearn to be able to express myself as beautifully as David does in this psalm. One of the joys for believers through the ages is that we have the words, even memories, of those who have gone before to uplift and encourage us. Yet there is nothing quite like my own words to express my feelings to God. And I suspect He will joyously receive them irrespective of how poetic they may or may not be.





Lord God, Heavenly Dad,

I love You more than words can adequately tell. I marvel at the sweetness of relationship You offer me and I come to You with arms wide to live in that love and grace. I praise You for the wonders of this life and especially for the joy that You bring forth in my life. I have seen You work for good in all things, and I thank You. Thank You, great God. Thank You, loving Dad. Bless You. I love You.                     Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment