Sunday 26 March 2017

Alive!

“Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen.”
                                                                                                                         Luke 24.5b


I try to get into the reality of this scene. The believers were in crisis. Their faith had been severely tested to the point almost of collapsing. They had received Jesus as the Saviour, and now He was dead. Instinctively, perhaps, they went to the tomb as their final, and only, link with Him.

Then, when they get there they find it empty. They have come to a vacant tomb. It is not quite empty, however, for suddenly two men appear who notify them that the Christ is arisen. These are not ordinary men. Their dazzling raiment set them apart. There is power in their words. They remind the women that Jesus Himself predicted His death and resurrection. They are looking for Him in the wrong place. He is not among the dead. He is risen.

These words echo to me down through the ages. And their message and impact are simple. Jesus is alive! Don’t look for Him among the dead. He has risen out of death. He is above death, which He has conquered. He is alive. He is very much alive and He is ready to give me life. His life for me is resurrected life. It is life infused with the power that overcomes death. One day I will depart this earthly life, but I will not die. As I believe, I will rise up anew into eternal life. And the force in that life will be far greater than this present life.

Let me look for that life now. I will not find it among the dead. No, I will lift my eyes and seek out my Saviour in the abundance of life.





Lord Jesus,

I come to You. I cry out for the life that only You can give me. Fill me to overflowing with that life. Lead me on to Your praise and glory, in Your mighty and loving name I ask.
                                                                                                                                    Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment