Saturday 4 February 2017

The Way

Just as it was in the days of Noah, so too it will be in the days of the Son of Man.                                                                                                                                                              Luke 17.26


I imagine the days of Noah to be something like the hedonistic, decadent and totally permissive and promiscuous final days of the Roman Empire. I can envisage people living out indulgent lives filled to excess without any concern or thought that they might be on the wrong course.

Then, suddenly, comes the flood – and total wipeout! What might they have thought at that time? Might there have been any self-questioning regarding behaviour? Or could there have been total amazement and astonishment at what was happening?

I see many things in the world, in life, and in society today that make me wonder if we are in days similar to those of Noah’s time or of Lot’s time. Are we, perhaps, in the days of the Son of Man? And will we see dramatic action soon with God’s intervention?

We do not know God’s timetable, so the most excellent way for us is to proceed in the way of salvation and sanctification. Jesus showed us the way. Indeed, He is the Way! I can choose to be influenced by the world, and be seduced to follow unhealthy living. Or I can choose the way of Jesus, to follow Him and, hopefully, to grow more like Him as I journey. I do this. I choose Jesus, but I also need His help. I know that, on my own, I will stumble and maybe fall. I might face temptation and not have the strength or will to resist. I need Him. My simple prayer is: God help me!





Yes, Lord,

I choose Your way, but I also ask for Your help. Let me know that You are with me. I take up Your invitation to lean on You and learn from You. Lead me through this day, and beyond, in Your precious name I ask.                       Amen.






My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment