Thursday 16 February 2017

Praise Him

He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the stones would shout out.”
                                                                                                                      Luke 19.40


Here is another curious incident where, yet again, Jesus responds in an unexpected way. He is on His way down the Mount of Olives into Jerusalem, seated on the back of a donkey. This is the start of His triumphant entry into the Holy city.

The disciples had covered the donkey’s back with cloaks, and seated Jesus upon them. They spread their cloaks on the roadway before the donkey and the whole multitude…began to praise God powerfully with a loud voice. (v37) This was indeed quite a scene, and a glorious demonstration. But it was too much for some Pharisees in the crowd who asked Jesus to order the disciples to stop. Jesus responds with the rather strange remark quoted above.

As I ponder these words, the assurance comes to me that God will be praised. First, I have the opportunity to praise Him powerfully with a loud voice. If I don’t do this, others will. But if humans withhold, God will cause the very stones of the earth to cry out.

God will be praised, and I want to praise Him. These words of Jesus further encourage me to join with all of creation in my praise of God. I am part of an enormous and wonderful whole. As I join in the total song of praise, so I can connect with all that God has made, and live in harmony with my fellow beings, my surroundings and the environment.





Mighty God,

I thank You for the ability and the choice to praise You. I raise my voice in glorious praise. I join with the stones of the earth and with all of creation, to praise and worship You. Long may I sing in my heart to You.

Receive my praise, and my love which I bring to You in humility and sincerity.         Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment