Friday 10 February 2017

God's boy

“Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will never enter it.”                                                                                                                                    Luke 18.17


It is said that as we get older we become more childlike. I don’t know if this is what’s happening to me, but I find it increasingly easy to receive the kingdom of God, as a child.

Jesus has enabled me to truly become a child of God. I am God’s boy. And I am aware of His love and care and enjoyment of me. This does not immunise or insulate me from trials and difficulties. But it does give me an assurance of His presence with me as I journey through life. I have a strong confidence in my heavenly Father. Nothing is impossible to Him. Wow!

I am mindful of how little boys brag on their fathers. Well, my heavenly Dad is the greatest! How blessed am I?

There are still times when I lapse into my adult self-sufficiency. Fortunately, such times are decreasing, for the more I give myself and my time to God the more I am aware of Him in my everyday life and my normal doing.

There is an innocence about children that generates an easy trust. The mere process of life can erode trust. Because of this I need to be ever alert to maintain an innocence and keep strong my trust in Him.

I look to the ultimate, eternal Kingdom, but I seek those aspects of Kingdom life that I can enjoy here on earth. I await the glorious life to come, but I also embrace the goodness of earthly life. I am in the Kingdom now. Let me live in trust of Him and in good relation with the family He gives me.





Holy Father,

I rejoice to be Your child. Lead me, please, to experience Kingdom life on this earth in as full a measure as possible, while I relish the promise of the eternal life.          Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment