Thursday 13 November 2014

Wearing Him!

Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature. Rom. 13.14


I read the words clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am immediately excited. I see myself “wearing” Jesus just as I wear whatever clothes I dress myself in. When I put on a favourite shirt, people see me in my shirt. When I clothe myself with Jesus, praise God that people see Jesus when they look at me. Oh, how exciting is this!

Jesus is already inside me. He has been for a number of years now. Over those years I have experienced Him in growing measure. He did not effect an immediate takeover when I first invited Him in. There was a deal of work to be done in me. Gradually He has worked to heal me; He has released me; and He is constantly in the process of refining me. I pray that He becomes more visible in me with each passing day.

Paul tells me not to think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature. Such desires can be many and diverse, and I could so easily be “ambushed” by the enemy. Like everyone else I am not exempt from worldly temptation. However, I can remind myself of the presence of Jesus in me. I turn to Him and seek His help. As I allow, He will lead and guide me. He may lead me to look in a mirror and see His image marked upon me. I may still need to fight through, but I can do so knowing that I am not alone.




Precious Jesus,

I thrill at the reality of clothing myself with You. cover me, please, dear Lord. I receive You as my constant companion. 

I open myself to the fullness of You - in me and all over me. Strengthen me to withstand the ungodly pressures of the world. Remind me that You are always there to help and guide me. Thank You.  Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment