Sunday 16 November 2014

Authority

Jesus said, “neither will I tell you by what authority I am doing these things.” Mark 11.33b


The establishment leaders had challenged Jesus by questioning His authority. Jesus responded with a question to them that they could not answer. He then refused to disclose His authority to them.

Believers do not suffer this dilemma, for Jesus has told us quite clearly who He is:
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.” (Matt. 28.18)

Even if I did not have this and similar assurances from the Word of God, I think I would not be troubled by uncertainty over Jesus’ identity and authority. He has shown Himself  to me so clearly as the image of the invisible God (Col. 1.15). He has affirmed Himself as my Saviour and my Lord. I am blessed that I have no need to ask Jesus to prove Himself, or to question His authority. I absolutely  believe that He is able to do all things (Matt. 19.26). 

Furthermore, with Him in me, through Him I can also do all things (Phil. 4.13). Hallelujah! What a mighty God I follow.




Lord God, Wonderful Jesus,

I thrill and delight that I do not need to question your authority. I have full assurance that You are the Son of God, who was sent to earth in human form to seek and to save that which was lost. I rejoice that You found me. I declare, yet again, that You are my Saviour and my Lord. I surrender the whole of my being to You and ask You to lead me into the full and perfect will of the Father. 

I want to follow You as truly as I am able to, to serve the Father in all that I do, to please Him in all that I am.

You have given me the most wonderful example. I pray You will continue to show me from that example and guide me into the fullness of life in You.


Lead me on, in Your precious name I ask. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment