Tuesday 18 November 2014

Judgment?

You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you  look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.     Rom. 14.10


I am strongly reminded of Jesus’ words,  “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.” (John 8.8)

I also see the absolute truth in some other words of Paul: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Rom. 3.23)

No one is exempt from sin - not one single person on this earth. Under God’s law no one has the right to judge or condemn another. We are all sinners alike, and judgement of us all rests with God. One day I shall stand before His judgment seat and I will be called to give account of myself. I pray that I am able to give Him acceptable accounting of my life on this earth.

I know there are things I have done that would have been eminently better not done. And there have been things undone that ought to have been done. Again I identify with Paul: I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. (Rom. 7.15)

I know full well what is right and acceptable and what is not so. This is especially true as I have matured. Yet I falter, and I stumble. What hope is there for me? My hope is in my Lord Jesus Christ. He has made it possible for me to turn to the Father immediately I am aware of my failing. As I confess and repent before my Gracious God, I am forgiven and restored.

He is there for me - and He is there for everyone. Instead of judging and condemning, let me pray for those involved and ask the Father to draw them into confession, repentance, forgiveness and restoration.




Lord God,


I thank You for this insight. When I am tempted to judge and condemn, let me rather pray for my brother or sister that they would turn to You in confession and repentance, and seek your healing.     Amen.






My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment