Monday 10 November 2014

Heart truth

“I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the Sea’, and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.”             Mark 11.23 


Jesus always speaks the truth, yet I respond each time to the reminders of Scripture when they record, so simply, “I tell you the truth.” I find it so exciting to embrace this reality. I can always turn to Jesus and know the truth of any situation. Praise God!

And the truth of God seems to be that we may expect miracles (like the mountain thrown into the sea) when we truly believe.

For me, a key word in the above verse is “heart”. Jesus asks that there be no doubt in my heart.
This helps me a lot, because I think I find it easier to believe  in my heart than I do in my mind. And, if I truly believe - beyond and without doubt, in my heart, it is to be hoped that my head will follow.

Yes, I am so very encouraged. I realise that my apprehension is in my mind rather that my heart. And I choose to call it apprehension because I know I don’t fully doubt. I truly believe the Scriptures that remind me that God can do anything, that nothing is impossible to Him - Matt.19.26; Mark 10.27; Luke 18.27 

My heart embraces the fullness of a miracle-working God. I think my mind decides that it just won’t work this way for me. I need a re-alignment, with the head coming into accord with the heart.




Lord God,

I thank You for this insight of head and heart, and the likely disparity. I pray that You will reinforce and increase the faith that I know is in my heart that You can do anything.

Please grow this faith to believe that You will work wonders and miracles in my ministry for You. I ask also that You will align my head with my heart. As surely as I will fervently believe in my heart for signs and wonders and miracles to happen, let my head so agree and affirm.


I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment