Tuesday 25 November 2014

Persistence

He had one left to send, a son, whom he loved. He sent him last of all, saying, “They will respect my son.” Mark 12.6


What struck me as I read this particular verse from the parable of the tenants is the absolute persistence of the owner. Servant after servant was rejected, abused and ill-treated, and yet he would not give up.

Traditionally, and quite rightly, the story is seen to illustrate God’s giving of His Son in His great love for His creation of humanity. But I’m particularly picking up today the absolute focus and intensity of God’s desire to rescue humanity. I know we have a choice yet I do not hear God say, “If you want it, salvation is here. But it’s really up to you.” No, rather it is as if He says, “I will not give up. I will pursue you to the ends of the earth. I love you and want you to receive and enjoy the very best I have for you. I will not give up until I have won you.”

He pursued me - and I was not aware of it. I  am so grateful God persisted. My prayer now is for more. May God draw me closer and take me even deeper in Him. Hallelujah!




Holy God, Loving Father,

Thank You for pursuing me. I moved so far away from You that You meant nothing to me. Yet, all the while, I can see myself as paramount in your eyes. Thank You for persisting and drawing me back to You.

I respect You and seek to honour You with all of my being. I respectfully, yet somewhat recklessly, ask for more of You. Fill me, please, to overflowing. Let me know the fullness of Your Spirit in me. Allow me, lead me to minister out of that fullness. May I touch people with that same love that You have touched me. I ask for miracles and wonders to flow from the touch of love that I minister in Your grace and with Your Spirit.


I am in earnest for these things and ask them, believing, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment