Monday 13 January 2014

The Appointed Time



For there is still a vision for the appointed time;
it speaks of the end and does not lie.
If it seems to tarry, wait for it;
it will surely come, it will not delay.
                                                                                                           Hab. 2.3


The appointed time is God’s time. And in His time every vision will come to fulfilment. I have long realised that God’s time is not my time. I have realised this yet I so often seem to forget it. I get feelings of being set aside, and being left behind.

In good moments I can say, ‘If this is God’s plan, then so be it.’ But even as I say this I want more. I want more of God, and to be used more by Him. And, I guess, I want it now!

The prophet says the vision does not lie and it speaks of the end. I commit myself totally to
God’s truth and pray for the strength and courage to always speak it forth.

In speaking of the end, this could mean the glorious resurrected life in Jesus. Surely this is the end and the aim for us all. This is the message. May I be equipped and enabled to speak this message forth clearly, firmly and lovingly.

Another way I might interpret end is as my end, that is, not my death but rather my goal. The vision I have is the goal I hold fast to. It is not a single event but an extensive ministry. My vision is to show others the love of God and to lead them in worship of Him. The outworking of my vision is in God’s hands. I am willing. I believe He is equipping me through the events of everyday life. I feel that I have to ‘wait for it’. But I will continue to wait, in expectation, for it will surely come!






Lord God,

I am Yours. I rejoice in spending my life with You. You know my vision. I believe it is in Your plan for me. I wait upon You. Sometimes I get impatient. I ask for Your forgiveness.

I consider that right now, in this present time, I am living in the fullness of Your plan for me. Lead me on. May we, together, be productive in Kingdom work today. May we enjoy each other, in glorious celebration, as we journey on together. Hallelujah!                   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment