Wednesday 15 January 2014

Live by faith



Look at the proud!
Their spirit is not right in them,
but the righteous live by their faith.  

                                                                                                            Hab. 2.4


This verse tells me clearly that the spirit of faith is the spirit I am called to live with. During the eye problem I’ve recently experienced I have shown much concern. Let’s be honest in this – I have been fearful!

But God has been so good. He has spoken to me clearly through His Word, through a number of people, and by written messages from diverse sources. I know I can rest in Him. He is my salvation. He is the rock in whom I can surely trust.

My doubts and fear have been really close to the surface and I have given them all too much power over me. But, today, I feel that faith has broken through. I praise the Lord! I know I can trust Him. I know this and I must live this. He wants me to be totally confident in Him. He is my strength and shield. I praise God indeed for this breakthrough, for this is His doing. He has assured me that I am His, and He is protecting me.






Gracious and Loving God,

I bow before Your majesty and authority. I thank You for Your grace and mercy, and I rejoice as I accept the fullness of Your protection and provision.

I trust You, and I feel like jumping up and down with joy in delight at this wonderful revelation. You are my God.

O Holy One, I surrender into the fullness of Your plans for me, whatever they may entail. I am confident that, whatever might befall me or come to test me, You are in control. You are supreme. I submit to Your authority in my life.

Lead me and guide me. I only want to travel Your way, to journey with You. May this journey happen right now as You lead me into the day to fulfil Your purposes.

I ask these things in Jesus’ Name.                                                                               Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment