Wednesday 8 January 2014

His way



O LORD, how long shall I cry for help,
                           and you will not listen?                                
Or cry to you “Violence!”
and you will not save?
                                                                                                                     Hab. 1.2


As a spectator who sees the story unfold, it is so easy to say how wrong Habakkuk is in this assertion. God hears, and listens. He also has a plan to save His people. But the plan is not what they might expect: For a work is being done in your days that you would not believe if you were told. (v.5)

In time Habakkuk will come to see that God has listened to him and enacts His plan of salvation. In the process Habakkuk will express his disagreement with God’s methods. It seems very clear (1.13-17) that God is not doing it Habakkuk’s way. Finally, though, he sees and acknowledges the sovereignty of God, and expresses the greatest trust in Him (3.17-19).

I am quite sure that God is ‘on my case’. I am also beginning to relax in the knowledge that He knows what He’s doing. He has a plan for my life, and I am in the centre of His plan – right now!!

I have more than enough to do today. I shall get on with what is in front of me, and allow God to direct and guide me as I go.






Lord God,

Again You have spoken to me, and I rejoice. I thank You for this further reminder that You are with me. Right now, I am so happy to be journeying with You. If, as with Habakkuk, Your plan for me becomes difficult or even oppressive, I will likely complain. I ask in advance for Your forgiveness.

I truly want to fulfil all of Your plan and purposes for me. I yearn to draw closer to You, to enter into deeper intimacy with You.

Hear my prayer. Listen to my plea, I respectfully ask. Draw me close. Share heavenly secrets with me. Enjoy me, please, and lead me to the fullest enjoyment of You and in You. I ask these things in Jesus’ Name.                                                                                               Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment