Friday 31 January 2014

Search



Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
                                                                                                 Psalm 139.23,24


I believe I know my heart. I desire to live in a full relationship with God. I know there are imperfections and sin in me. I try to deal with these as they arise, by confession and repentance, seeking God’s forgiveness and asking Him to set me free.

But do I really know my heart? Could there perchance be things to deal with that I cannot see? Might there be blockages that prevent me from receiving the fullest Holy Spirit input into my life? Are there obstacles or obstructions to my life and ministry that I am simply not aware of? Perhaps this is where a sincere heart cry to God is needed.






Lord God,

I am both sincere and earnest in my desire to be free of any and all impediment, to be able to live with You in close relationship and in the deepest intimacy, and to minister for You in fullness and abundance.

This is my desire, I present myself to You with a plea that we may deal with anything that could prevent the timely realisation of my desire. I love You and want the fullest impact and expression of that love in my life. I ask You to search me to the depths of my being. Release me from anything that might be offensive. Deal with me, and set me free. I want to go only one way, Your way.

I’m willing, Lord. I pray that You are too. I want to journey with You – through this present day and throughout all eternity.

Receive me, O Holy One, and make me truly Yours. I ask these things, humbly, in the name of the Triune God – the Father of love, the Son of salvation, and the Holy Spirit of presence and power.

Receive my prayer, and answer it please, in Jesus’ name I ask.                                 Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment