Tuesday 28 January 2014

What?



What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?                                       Psalm 8.4


The psalmist has considered the glory and majesty of God in the mighty creation of the heavens (v3). Then he makes this inquisitive statement about “mere man”. I am reminded of seeing a visual attempt to convey the incredible vastness of God’s universal creation. I don’t know if there is one universe or many, but what there is seems to be totally beyond my comprehension.

Then there is the human creature.  I am aware, from my own sweet experience, of the reality of God’s individual care (that is, individual attention given to each individual). It doesn’t compute. It is truly beyond my understanding. God is indeed amazing, incredible and totally, absolutely, without equal.

No, I simply can’t comprehend the extent of what I am writing about. I cannot comprehend it but, I praise God that I can accept that He cares for me as personally and intimately as a fully one-to-one, one-on-one interaction. I can accept this, and I receive it – willingly.






Lord God,

My understanding of the vastness of Your creation and the greatness of Your power is still limited, but growing. Indeed, it seems unbelievable to me that I, a humble insignificant mortal, can even be talking to you now as I am. Yet, as fantastic as it may seem, I am at ease with it. I can indeed believe it. This in itself is a miracle. Is this the work of Your Holy Spirit? If so please give me more.

Great God of all creation, I humbly submit to You. I need You, I want You, I love You and adore You. I thank You so much for the love and care You show me. May I join with You and be used by You in sharing that love. It is just too precious for me to keep to myself. Help me, please. Fill me, mould me, use me, in Jesus’ name I ask.                                      Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment