Saturday 11 January 2014

A good work...completed



...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ.                                                                                                                Phil. 1.6


This verse says several things to me. Perhaps the first is the knowledge that God has begun a good work in me. Furthermore, He will complete this work. This is great news. It allows me to say I am a work-in-progress, a masterpiece in the making.

In saying that it will come to completion by the day of Jesus Christ, I understand that God has a purpose for me. I was born with a destiny in Jesus. I praise God! I am quite sure that God’s plan for me was determined before ever I came into being. I rejoice in being His son, with a life (past, present and future) in Him.

Perhaps what impacts me most in the present reading of this verse is Paul’s confidence of his declaration. He is confident of the working of God to bring good things about in the lives of His children. I see this as so important. Confidence is necessary to healthy living. I want my confidence to be founded fairly and squarely on God. In myself I am nothing but, in Him, I can do all things. Yes, I seek to grow in confidence, in the right sort of confidence – confidence in Him.






Lord God,

I thank You for this word which, today, You have made new to me.

I seek more confidence in You. In who I am and in what I do, let me be confident in You. Show me Your ways and lead me in them. When I am faced with what seems to be beyond my capabilities and gifting, let me remember my confidence in You.

Strengthen me to fulfil all that You would have of me. May I always be a sweet fragrance of Christ to You.

I thank you that a good work is underway in me. I submit to Your further working in this. I look forward to the outcome but pray also for the most joyous experiences along the way.

Thank You, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.                                                                                  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment