Friday 3 May 2013

Rest found



My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.                                         Psalm 62.1,2


These are some of my favourite verses in the entire Bible. They bring reassurance and strength. They are saturated with the grace of God. He is my rest and salvation. He is my rock and my fortress. In him I am safe. In him I am secure. In him I can relax, rest and be refreshed and renewed.

And all this is His doing. My part is simply to receive. As I give myself to him, He releases His strength and comfort, and I move into the fulfilment of who I am in His full and perfect will.

I embrace this. I take firm hold of it and know that I will never be shaken.


  





Lord God,

I come to You in full surrender. I will find the rest that I need in You and I thank You for this. Your rest will sustain, refresh and strengthen me. This is where I would abide. Whether I am active or restive, I desire Your rest to enfold me. Thank You, Lord.

My salvation is in Your hands. I offer myself freely to any purpose you may have for me to fulfil. Take me and have Your way.

I pray for the adventure before us today. I don’t know where You might take me. It may not be far physically, yet the spiritual journey, I know, will be an exciting one. Lead me, Lord, I’m here to travel with You. May we enjoy each other’s company as the day unfolds.

Receive me, and my love, in Jesus’ Name I ask.                                                         Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment