Monday 6 May 2013

Thank offerings



He who sacrifices thank offerings honours me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God.                         Psalm 50.23


There is so much to thank God for, yet there are times when I might be so pre-occupied with a presenting problem that I cannot clearly see the things I could be thankful for. Indeed, there are times when my immediate concerns so overwhelm me that I cannot bring myself to be thankful for anything.

This is perhaps where the sacrifice comes in. I am well aware of the exhortation to praise God at all times and in all circumstances, but I am also too painfully aware of how difficult this sometimes is. Then I need to bring forth the sacrifices, declaring the righteousness, the goodness and the love of God in the midst of any negative focus I might have.






Lord God,

I understand that to praise and thank You is a choice. Right now, it is not a difficult choice for me to make.

I rejoice in You. I thank You for a new day and a new start for life in me today. I sing Your praises. You are wonderful. I feel Your presence with me and I rejoice.

But there are times when I find it difficult to make the choice to thank and honour You. At these times I need help. Your Word assures me that You are always with me and so I ask You to help me at these times. May Your Holy Spirit lead me into that place where I might rest in You – and be thankful.

No problem I can ever face is too big for You. Hallelujah! You are my Lord and my God. You will lead me through. I will fear nothing as I face it with You.

Holy One, I thank You. I honour You with my prayer and praise. Receive these, and me, in Jesus’ Name I ask.                                                                                                           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment