Wednesday 15 May 2013

My portion



My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.                                 Psalm 73.26


Through occasional aches and pains I am reminded of my mortal vulnerability. I am getting older and, perhaps, more prone to failure of flesh and heart. But this is not peculiar to me. Every living soul on this earth is aging by the minute, even new born babes. Besides, age is not the singular cause of health problems. The flesh and the heart may experience failure at any age. Consequently, the message I take here for myself can be shared with everyone, for all qualify to receive it.

God is all I need. He is my strength and my shield. My heart is His, He will strengthen it, and me, for as long as He needs to. God is my portion, not just for this moment or day, but for all time. I rejoice, gladly and wildly, that I am in Him. He, truly, will provide all I need and He will guide me, for as long as I will allow Him, in the paths He has chosen for me.

I am not fearful of dying. I know not when it will come. When it does I shall be saddened to leave loved ones behind, but I will rejoice to be received, in fullness into my portion – forever.






Lord God,

I rejoice in You. I open myself fully to Your strengthening and Your provisions for me. I surrender to You my flesh and my heart. I pray that I might diligently steward them under Your guidance.

You are all I need. I cry out to You in praise and thanksgiving. You are my shield and strength. My cover is in You. My being comes from You. Lead me on, Lord. Let us continue this journey of life together. I thank You for choosing me. I yield completely to You.

Hallelujah! I praise Your Name.                                                                                 Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment