Sunday 12 May 2013

The Peace of God



And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.                         Phil. 4.7


The peace of God is the most amazing and wonderful gift. I feel it right now. It saddens me to think that I don’t always feel it. I certainly would like to. Perhaps it is something that needs to be practiced.

Later in this same letter, Paul tells how he has learned to be content in all circumstances. I think this might be a key to living in the fullness of God’s peace.

I am learning this contentment, and I’m finding that it gets easier with practice. And, it seems, the peace follows.

This is more of resting in God and living in Him. It’s allowing Him to take full control. How easy this is to say but how difficult to do. Yet the age-old saying is “Practice makes perfect”.

So, let’s practice!






Father God,

I thank You for Your peace. I feel it surround me now and I receive it in the fullest measure possible.

I thank You also that You are leading me to be content in whatever circumstance or situation I might find myself. I realise I have some way to go in both practicing contentment and also in living in the fullness of Your peace. Yet, in both, I surrender to You as fully as I am able. I look forward to more contentment and peace. And I believe that, in this state, I will be used by You to reach out to others.

I face the day ahead with You. I rejoice in Your companionship in my journey through this day. May we draw closer as we face the wonders of the day together.

I love You. May we enjoy each other’s company today, in Jesus’ Name I pray.              Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment