Thursday 9 May 2013

Thirst assuaged



My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?                Psalm 42.2


The psalmist sounds desperate in his cry to meet with the living God. Apparently something is afflicting him which is preventing him from attending the temple, where he might meet with his God.

How blessed I am that I do not need to attend any specific place to meet with God. I know He is with me right now, here on my sunny verandah, even as the power tools drone on the neighbour’s renovations site. God is here. I am with Him. My thirst is being assuaged. I am at peace.

I no longer need a temple, or a priest, to assure me of God’s presence, to affirm that my prayers are heard. My Lord Jesus had made it possible, for all time, for me to enter into communion and intimacy with my Lord and my God in the case of every environment and every situation. I do not take this lightly. I respect and appreciate my Lord’s sacrifice. I receive and enjoy the privilege. I thank my God for His wonderful grace.







Lord God,

I thank You for the amazing privilege of being Your child. Right now I feel Your presence. I sense an overwhelming move of peace and power. The workmen’s tools are silent, the breeze is gentle and the birds chirp in the background. You are here.

In this mildest of autumn weather, the sun is still bright in the sky. The evidence of Your presence is all around me. But, right now, the strongest evidence is within me. I “feel” You’re here. I sense Your security covering me. I am truly “at home” for I am where I belong – resting in You.

I seek to abide in You at all times. I ask You to lead me through this day. Have Your way in what I do, who I meet, where I go.

I love You, Lord. Receive my love, receive me, in Jesus’ Name I ask.                           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment