Thursday 23 May 2013

The journey has begun

Porto, Portugal 22nd May 2013

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.  Heb. 13.8

My pilgrimage walk will begin in three days time, but I already feel that a special time with God has started. There were several hassles pertaining to the journey from Sydney. I could so easily have reacted in an unhealthy and unhelpful way, but I chose to remind myself that, ultimately, God is in control. I believe He has already demonstrated this for I have experienced a couple of delightful surprises (a great meal last night, and special treatment on the flight from Madrid this morning) that I thank Him for.

Since leaving home, my situation has been different. My experiences are out off what is normal for me, what I might expect in the day-to-day life at home. My surroundings, the language, the circumstances and my responses are different, but God is not so. He has not changed. In life at home, I give over every day to Him and I trust Him to lead me and provide for me as only He can. He is with me in Spain, in Portugal, or wherever, in the same measure (that is, in fullness) as I experience Him at home and as I allow Him. This unchanging, ever faithful God is with me now, and He will remain with me as I keep my eyes on Him. I am going to enjoy this time, and Him, as we journey together.






Lord God, 

I thank You for leading me through the hassles of the last couple of days. I thank You also that the days were not all hassles. I have enjoyed times and instances of special delight.

I thank You for Your consistency. You are truly always the same, ever-loving and ever caring. I am so blessed. I give myself fully into Your keeping now and for the weeks to come. My prayer is that we will fully enjoy each other as we journey together.

I thank You, in Jesus´ Name.                         Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment