Sunday 19 May 2013

Back to Spain with Jesus

I started this blog two years ago to cover my pilgrimage journey and adventures in Europe. Part of the venture involved walking the pilgrim Camino of approximately 750 Km. across the north of Spain from Ronscesvalles to Santiago de Compostela.

Before leaving home I boasted that I was going to Spain to walk with Jesus. This I did, most wonderfully. I also walked with, and entered relationship with, some beautiful people along the way. I said at the time that it was not necessary for me to leave home in order to walk with Jesus. Indeed, I believe I walk with Him every single day, wherever I happen to be. But there is something particular and significant about our giving over an extended periond of time devoted to Him. It gives opportunity to turn aside from the everyday, to remember His sovereignty and the unbounded love that He has for us, and to enjoy this love in abundance. Such occurred in my European Pilgrimage of 2011.

And now I'm going back to Spain with Jesus. This time my walk will be in the western sector of the Iberian Peninsula rather than across the top. I hope to walk from Porto in Portugal to Santiago de Compostela, and then on to Finisterre. My Spanish visit will conclude with a couple of weeks of exploration in the south of Spain.

I plan to share something of my experiences, as technology and my ability will allow, on this blog.




Dear God and Loving Dad,

As I prepare to head off on a new adventure, I sense You with me, even encouraging me.

I commit this venture to You. I pray You will travel with me and walk beside me. I hope for wonderful times spent in communion with exciting revelations along the way.

Thus I give myself into Your keeping, humbly requesting Your protection, mercy, grace and blessing, the whole covered in Your amazing love.

                         I ask this in Jesus' name.                          Amen.
 

1 comment:

  1. Have a GREAT camino, and Post lots of photos please!....especially of the tomb of the apostle james (if you see it).
    Cheers
    Jason

    ReplyDelete