Tuesday 2 October 2012

The Lion of Judah



Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”      Rev. 5.5


No one in the entire universe is worthy, save one. The Lamb of God, the Lion of Judah is the only one worthy. He gave His life. It wasn’t taken from Him, He gave it. And with His blood He purchased forgiveness, release and life for all.

This mighty One towers above the whole of creation. I can think of the most powerful mortal or the most terrifying act in creation, yet He has authority over all. He is mightier than anything else.

And this mighty being is also the most loving. He is the one who says, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”

This wonderful One is Overcomer, Saviour and Friend. The song reminds us “What a friend we have in Jesus”. If we are willing, we will find everything in Jesus.






Lord Jesus,

I am strongly reminded by this verse of Your might, Your power, and Your total omnipotence. Matthew also reminds me of You love, Your care, Your gentleness and Your concern, Your deep concern – for me.

I receive these things in total today. You are indeed all things. You are my powerful deliverer and protector. You are my lover and truest friend.

May we travel together through this day? As we do so, I ask You to increase in me the reality of You. I want to know You more. I want to come closer to You. I ask for this in Your precious Name.                                                                                                                                        Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment