Thursday 25 October 2012

My Choice



“But Lord,” Gideon asked, “how am I to save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh and I am the least in my family.

The LORD answered, “I will be with you; and your will strike down all the Midianites together.”                      Judges 6.15,16


In these two verses the frailty of man is confronted by the truth of God.

Gideon sees himself in actual human terms. The clan to which he belongs is seen as the weakest in the whole tribe of Manasseh. He sees himself as the least important in all his family. This is what he sees. This is who he is.

Then God faces him with a divine truth: “I, the Lord God Almighty will be with you. Understand what this means. The whole power of heaven will be with you. Every divine resource will back you up. You will face the Midianites and you will strike down every one of them. This is what I call you to see. This is who you are in me.”

I see a choice before me. I can opt for what I see in the natural – what circumstances, society and my own thoughts and actions tell me I am. Or I can receive my sonship in Him, and know that the whole of heaven is with me, that the Lord of all is, truly, my own heavenly Dad. Will I give in to the worldly view? Or, as a true and committed believer, will I receive His Word and know that He is indeed with me.

What do I choose? Surely the choice is obvious. Why would I hesitate?






Lord, Mighty God,

I claim my sonship in You. I welcome and embrace all that You offer me in the glorious relationship You have drawn me into. I thank You with every fibre of my being.

I receive Your presence with me. Wherever I go and whatever I do, may it always be in company with You. Strengthen and equip me in Your love. Journey alongside me please! May Your light shine in me and through me. Hallelujah!                                                            Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment