Wednesday 17 October 2012

Success



In everything he did he had great success, because the Lord was with him.                                                                                                               1 Sam.18.14


What wonderful encouragement this verse is! David could not fail to succeed when he looked to God in all that he did. Indeed, later on (2 Sam. 11) we see what happens when David acts in his own flesh and not with his eyes firmly fixed on God.

I can’t point a finger at David in this for I know how I forget to place every single thing before God. Often, I act in the flesh without even thinking. Sometimes, I act when I know my actions might not be fully approved by God. How weak we are in our humanity! Yet we are not lost. God says, “If you seek me, I will be found by you.”

It’s never too late to retrace, to lay our sins and our weaknesses before God and ask for, and surrender to, His help.







Lord God,

As I opened my journal to record this prayer to You, I uncovered the slip of paper on which I have written – Yet not my will, but Yours be done. In my heart I want this so much, yet in my actions I often betray this desire.

I come before You now and ask You to forgive me all those times I have disappointed You. I want to do better, to be more like Jesus. Hear my prayer. Know my heart. I pray Your mercy and grace will cover me and release me to go forward with You.

I pray that my activity, whatever it might be, will be fully with You.

I rejoice in the life I have in You and the privileged position I enjoy as a child of God. Help me, dear Lord, never to abuse what You have given me but, rather, to steward it in wisdom and truth, playing my small part for the Kingdom of God.

I ask these things in Jesus’ name.                                                                    Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment