Sunday 28 October 2012

Tuned in



He who has ears let him hear.                                        Matt. 13.9


This phrase seems an important one to Jesus for He repeats it later (v 43). I can find no external insight into this verse so it looks as if I must trust to my own thinking and the leading of the Holy Spirit.

It seems to me that we all have ears. Even those whose physical ears do not function well are able to ‘tune in’ with spiritual ‘ears’. And ‘tune in’ is perhaps the phrase I need to consider in today’s meditation. Our ‘ears’ will pick up what they choose to receive. If we are tuned in to a particular subject or topic it is amazing what we will hear, learn, pick up and take in about that item.

I want to be fully tuned in to Jesus. I want to hear everything He has to say to me – audible and otherwise. I want to know all about the kingdom of heaven, and the best way I can learn is direct from the King. I want to hear also what He would have me do for Him. I want to hear, and I want to obey.






Lord God,

As an act of my will I open my ears to hear all that You would say to me. I ask You to speak and enable me by Your Holy Spirit not to miss anything that You have to say, to pick up any grand or humble general impressions, dreams or visions You may want to show me, and also to glean and take in every small detail You choose to reveal.

As an act of my will I open up my whole being to respond to Your call and direction. I want only to do what You would have me do. My deepest desire is to live in the fullness of Your will.

I’m Yours, Lord. I release myself fully. Take me and make me Yours, in everything.

I love you. I pray You will both receive me and enjoy my love. Let me live in and with You. In Jesus’ Name I ask.                                                                                                        Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment