Saturday 29 September 2012

The enemy overcome



They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony;
They did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.              Rev. 12.11


The brothers (in Christ) overcame the accuser. We know this yet I feel that we often need reminding of this great and powerful truth. The foe has been defeated. The enemy has well and truly lost his pathetic fight against the Almighty.

Yet, he still persists. He cannot lead anyone into victory but he has sufficient power and persuasion to drag many down with him.

Those who choose, can stand up to him and overcome. They will overcome because the blood of the Lamb has been shed. The Lamb overcame death and the shed blood has washed all with purity and release from sin. The Lamb saves. The Lamb rescues us and releases us from the threat of evil.

Yet we may be tempted still. We resist the temptation by speaking forth against it. We declare our state of salvation and our commitment to the Saviour. This is our testimony. It is to be spoken forth. Each one who has received Jesus as Saviour and has declared Him as Lord has a testimony. The testimony of the saints with the blood of the Lamb will overcome the accuser and banish him to his rightful place.

And the brothers, and sisters, are not afraid of death. Fear of punishment, of persecution and of dying will not deter the sincere believer from sharing their testimony.

Indeed, what is death? It is the closing of this earthly turmoil and the opening of the door onto the wonders of an eternity filled with love. It heralds the most joyful homecoming. How can there be anything to fear from death? Why would we want to cling on to miserable worldly existences when the glory of heaven is available to us?







Lord God,

First, I thank You for the blood of the Lamb. I embrace the reality of Your sacrifice for me. Even before I was capable of doing anything – good or otherwise – for myself, I was steeped in sin. I was born into it. I inherited it. Yet Your desire for me was to be restored to purity and the fullness of a loving relationship with You. You knew I could not do this for myself. It needed a pure sacrifice. And there was only one who qualified – You! And so You came. You came and lived among us. Oh, I praise You! I praise You, Lord!

We didn’t all recognise You, and we certainly didn’t appreciate You. And so, the Lamb was misunderstood and maligned. He was betrayed, tortured and killed. And the spilling of His blood made possible the restoration of all the lost to You. His atoning death brought eternal life, a life that is freely available to all who will acknowledge Jesus. Thank You, Lord, O thank You!

I want to be known as a Godly man, as a man of God. Take me, please, and use me. I have a testimony and You are adding daily to my testimony. Give me opportunities to share. Give me insight to recognise each and every opportunity, and give me boldness to speak forth in testimony.

Lord, this is my prayer for all the saints. Let us not hold back, but let us speak forth. Let us share as brothers of Jesus. Let us spread the good news, and enlarge the family.

And, Lord, I ask You to remove any fear of death from believers. Let us look forward to that wonderful time when we shall return home to be with You forever.

Hallelujah! I praise You, Lord.                                                                                   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment