Wednesday 5 September 2012

Walk with God


Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.  Gen. 5.24


It appears that Enoch did not experience death but was simply “translated” by God from the earthly plain to the heavens. In this, Enoch was most unusual. The only other person not to die was Elijah. Enoch was special to God. He walked with God.

This indicates great companionship. For me it compares with Moses being called a friend of God and with David being referred to as a man after God’s own heart. These men are among the giants of the Old Testament, and Enoch is with them. Enoch walked with God. He enjoyed God’s company and, seemingly, God enjoyed his company.

This is what I want. I want to walk with God, for God the enjoy me and for me to enjoy Him.






Lord God,

I rejoice in meeting with You today. Outside it is stormy and the weather is far from pleasant. Yet indoors, and in my heart, I feel great peace at this moment. I am mindful that, if You are for me, who can be against me?

I ask to walk with You. And my request is not just for an hour or even a day, but for all time. I want to walk with You every day of my life, both here on earth and then in heaven.

I wait on you. I rejoice when You speak to me and I look for You.

I pray that You will enjoy my company and lead me into further enjoyment with You.

Dear Lord, may we walk together today? I ask You to take me and lead me in those ways that will please You. I look for Your will, and only Your will, to be done in my life.

In love, I come in full surrender to You.

Precious Lord, may we go forward together, in Jesus’ Name I ask.                           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment