Monday 24 September 2012

Options


If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.                              Rev. 20.15


The “book of life” is God’s royal list of the righteous whom He blesses with life. The “lake of fire” in apocalyptic literature is equated with the “hell” of final judgment.

This verse speaks to me clearly of the final destination for each one of us. We will either receive eternal life through our inclusion in the book of life or we will be cast into the lake of fire to suffer eternity in Hell. There is no third option. This revelation strengthens my resolve to pray for the unbelievers whom I know and love. I don’t want anyone to perish. My prayers can make a difference. I know they can! I offer them in faith.





Lord God,

I believe my name is written in Your book of life. I thank You for this. Indeed, I shall be eternally grateful.

The alternative to eternal life through the book of life is a life of eternal damnation lived in Hell.

Lord, there are many I know and love who do not embrace Jesus as Saviour and Lord. I cry out for the salvation of their souls. I want to see their names written in the book of life. Hear my prayer, Lord, for each and every one of them. Draw them to Jesus. Move upon them and in them, that they would receive Jesus into open hearts and proclaim Him as Saviour and Lord.

I cry out to You on behalf of the lost. Touch them, Lord, with the power of divine self-revelation. Bring them to an undeniable encounter with the risen Lord. Touch my family, neighbours, friends and acquaintances. Have Your way in each life, in Jesus’ Name I ask.
                                                                                                                                       Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment