Thursday 27 September 2012

With Him



They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings – and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.                                                                                           Rev. 17.14


I feel that I can see the war coming. The moral divide between worldly practice and Christian teaching is widening. I see more and more antagonism, ridicule and rejection coming from the world towards the Christian way of life. Yes, they will make war against the Lamb. And where will I be? I wonder how well I might face persecution – and I’m not exactly talking martyrdom here! What about small criticisms and jibes? Can I respond as I believe God would have me respond? Or am I more likely to smile tolerantly and, by doing nothing, accede to wrong practices?

In reality, in heavenly reality, I have nothing to fear. For my strength is in the Lamb. The victory has already been won by the Lamb. He is the all-mighty. In solid and confident alliance with Him I will stand in victory.

I do not understand the writing of Revelation with a great deal of clarity yet it seems to me to give plenty of forewarning of trying and difficult times to come. The advance notice is certainly there. But so is the assurance of victory. I will never know the confidence to win through my own strength. But I claim the Word of God that I can do all things through him who gives me strength (Phil. 4.13).

I will press in to the Lamb. I commit to my Lord. And I will see the victory in Him.






Lord God,

I commit afresh to You today. Whatever lies before me, I ask You to lead me through. I seek Godly joy to fill my heart. Times ahead may be easy or trying. I know not what is to come, but I know I have an assurance in You. I turn to you. I seek Your way and only Your way. I want to follow Jesus.

Jesus said “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world”

Yes, Lord, the glorious Lamb is victorious. Death has been conquered; sin has been overcome. The victory is ours. Lead me in victory, precious Lord and holy Master. Keep me to the narrow way. In my own strength I will wander, but in Your strength I can do all things right and well. I pray also for the Body of Christ. Strengthen the Body. Let Christians everywhere receive a new awareness of Christ in them – the hope of glory. I pray for unity in Your resurrected church. Let us stand as one. Let the world see the Body of Christ as You would have it seen. Lord of lords, King of kings, lead us forward, in overcoming. The victory is Yours. Hallelujah! I praise Your Holy Name.                                                            Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment