Monday 17 June 2019

Protected

But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.                                   2 Thess.3.3


There are times when I seem caught up with worldly influences. Subtly my focus is shifted from God. I feel disappointed in myself that the carnal nature comes to the fore, and I feel less close to God. This is relatively minor activity yet it has the power to be so destructive. My thoughts are consumed with issues of the fallen world around me. I am not pressing in to God with the same desire and intensity because a host of “fleshly issues” distracts me. I know full well that this is the work of the enemy and it is sometimes difficult for me to re-focus on God. 

This is where God Himself becomes involved. God is faithful. When my faith is tested and is sometimes shown to be lacking, or at the very least diminished, I can look to God. I can turn fully to the One who is full of faith. He is full of faith and He is true to His Word. He says, “I will never leave you. I will not forsake you.” He says this and He means it. His word comes also through Paul today. He promises to strengthen me and protect me from the evil one.

What must I do? I think I need to claim His promises, and surrender myself into His hands.



Lord,
You remind us that we are in the world but not of the world. Sometimes I feel as if the attack of the world, and of the evil one, will overwhelm me and draw me down. I do not want this. My heart wants to walk with You, closely, at all times. My thoughts sometimes distract and side track me. In this I call out to You, Lord. I surrender my thoughts and behaviour, indeed all of me, to You. I place myself firmly in your hands. I claim Your Word that You are with me always; You are for me, You will strengthen me and protect me from the evil one. In You I am assured of victory over sin. I claim these promises. I ask You to work in my life, taking me on in the process of sanctification. I thank You and rejoice in Your faithfulness. Blessed is Your name.           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment