Monday 10 June 2019

A New Thing

“Forget the former things; 
do not dwell on the past. 
See I am doing a new thing! 
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? 
I am making a way in the desert
 and streams in the wasteland.”                                      Isa. 43.18, 19


God has spoken again of His sovereignty and His supremacy. He tells how He is going to bring down and crush the forces of Babylon. They will become fugitives. He says:
         
“I am the LORD, your Holy One, 
Israel’s Creator, your King.” (v 15) 

He continues with the words I have quoted above. I truly believe that God’s words to the Israelites of so long ago apply equally to His people today. We are to forget what is passed; even what today’s circumstances and situations present. We are not to dwell on what has been, nor on what presently is. God commands us to do this.

We are to look forward to a “new thing”. This “new thing” is most wonderful. It springs up – maybe suddenly – and I am encouraged to look for it, and to receive it when it comes. It will be nurturing, nourishing and fruitful. God will make a way in the desert, and streams of living water will flow. 

I am presently in a place where I am expectant of “new things”. I also believe that I am ready. I am ready for God to bring forth something new and exciting in my ministry work. I wait on Him because I believe I am not qualified to bring change myself. I wait and I keep myself alert, ready, and expectant.



Wonderful Lord,
Am I right to take today’s word as a Word from You to me? I feel ready to move on in You, to embrace a “new thing” in ministry. I respectfully ask for a sign from You regarding what You would have me do, and where. I ask You to lead me forward, and prepare me if I am not as ready for change as I think I am. I place myself in Your keeping. I seek only Your will for me.           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment