Monday 3 June 2019

Life force

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach one another and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.       Col. 3.16


The word of Christ is a life force which equips the believer in daily living. The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments are full of Christ. His word may be received through personal study and meditation. His word may also be gained in corporate activity, by teaching and admonishing. This is always combined with the exercise of much wisdom. 

Christ’s word can be found in the singing of psalms, songs composed for Christian worship. It may be found in hymns and songs of praise used especially in celebration. And it will be found in songs which recount the acts of God, and praise Him for all that He has done. When I realise all that God has done for me, how can I fail to sing to Him with gratitude. The word of Christ is a life force. Let me diligently seek it and apply it in my life. Let me know it in every act of daily living.



Lord God,
I thank You for Jesus and for all that He has done for me. I thank You for His word and the many reminders of it that occur for me.
I ask You for wisdom and insight when reading Your Holy Scriptures that I might receive and understand the utmost from what I read. I ask for wisdom also as I share with the body of Christ in teaching or admonishing. Whether I am giving or receiving let me be aware of all wisdom applying throughout.
Lord, I enjoy singing. May I always sing to You – whether psalms or hymns or spiritual songs – with a heart full of gratitude, teeming over and encouraging others to turn to You with gladness and rejoicing.
Lord, I love You. I want to live in the fullness of You and share it with all I meet. Be with me in this, in Jesus’ name I ask.                  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment