Wednesday 9 January 2019

Waiting

Wait for the LORD and keep his way. 
He will exalt you to inherit the land; 
when the wicked are cut off, you will see it.                Psalm 37.34


I wonder which is the more difficult – to keep the way of the Lord, or to wait for Him!

Often to keep his way requires waiting on Him. Here patience is needed, great patience. Am I able at this? Sometimes I wonder! There are times when I feel I have exhausted my resources in waiting, there is no more “waiting” left in me. And then, of course, God has me to wait even longer. I can readily, now at least, see the reality of the situation, which is that I have no option but to wait. Patience will come, it has to. I do not need to ask for it!

As I wait on the Lord, I believe His way will become clear to me and I may be encouraged to keep His way. There is always a choice, but I’m tending more, as I get older, to want to keep his way rather than to wander.

I am not sure if the second part of this verse is presented as a reward for the first part, but it is not what motivates me. Certainly, I don’t want to see the wicked prosper, but my reason for waiting on the Lord and keeping his way is simply because I want to.



Lord God,
I so want to be near You and do what will delight You. Yes, my Father, I want to please You. I so love You, and I want to draw close to You and follow Your way. I do not always do this. I ask Your forgiveness. I ask You to forgive me and also to lead me in the right paths. I pray Your protection upon me, and Your enabling within me.
I wait for You, Lord. I wait on you.
I ask You to show me Your way and strengthen me to walk in it, in Jesus’ name.                                                                                                         Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment