Friday 4 January 2019

Jerusalem

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
“May those who love you be secure.
May there be peace within your walls 
and security within your citadels.”                               Psalm 122.6,7


Jerusalem is the earthly city of God. Mount Zion is the holy place of God chosen by Him for His habitation. 

Today, as in many periods throughout human history, Jerusalem is not at peace. It is a divided city, divided – men say – in the name of God. This is not God’s desire.

His presence upon Mount Zion would sponsor peace and unity. What has happened? Have men in their bickering driven God from his holy dwelling place? Is Jerusalem in need of a new visitation by Almighty God? Must God, indeed, return to His holy habitation?



Lord God,
I follow the psalmist in praying for the peace of Jerusalem. I abhor the atrocities that have become part of the life of that city. I pray for peace within the walls of the Holy City, and security – Godly security – within each of its citadels. I pray the presence of God to be evidenced upon Mount Zion.
I pray for the leaders of modern Israel. Lord God, would You please show them Your way? Please prepare Your way for them, and lead them in it.
I pray for Godly, God-fearing men to inhabit this ancient city. I pray for a resurgence of faith and holiness in strong, solid measure. I ask You to reclaim the holy places. Let Your name only resound from the highest places.
Lord God, I cry out for Jerusalem. Protect every part of this precious place; inhabit every corner, each nook and cranny. Eliminate division and fighting. Restore love, in Jesus’ name I ask.             Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment