Sunday 27 January 2019

Pour out

Trust in him at all times, O people; 
pour out your hearts to him, 
for God is our refuge.                               Psalm 62.8


The psalmist makes this great exhortation after proclaiming the most wonderful truths:
         My soul finds rest in God alone; 
my salvation comes from him. 
He alone is my rock and my salvation; 
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.    (vv 1,2)

This psalm has long been special to me. God is all these things to me. I will truly find rest only in Him. He alone is the author of my salvation and I praise Him for this most wonderful gift.

He is the rock upon which I stand and, as I allow Him, He places Himself around me like a strong fortress wherein I will never be shaken.

It is with the assurance of all these things that the psalmist encourages the people to trust in God at all times. There is never a single moment when I cannot place my absolute trust in Him. He is ever there – and always ready – as my refuge.

I can trust Him such as to pour out my heart to Him. Indeed, if I do not do this I am missing out on the greatest ever source of comfort and strength. 

I thank my God for all He is to me.



Lord God,
I thank You that You have made the words of this psalm so special to me. I thank You that You are always there for me. I thank You that I can pour out my heart to You.
I declare You my rock and my fortress. I know that my salvation comes from You and I thank You. I rest in You. I ask You to strengthen me and draw me close to You. I seek more of You. I am jealous for deeper relationship, not simply for myself, but that I might freely share the good news.
Thank You, Lord, that You are there for me, and You have shown me so. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment