Thursday 17 January 2019

Another way

The LORD spoke to me with his strong hand upon me, warning me not to follow the way of these people. He said: 
       "Do not call conspiracy
        everything that these people call conspiracy;
        do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it.
        The LORD Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy,
         he is the one you are to fear,
        he is the one you are to dread,
        and he will be a sanctuary;                           Isaiah 8.11-14a


God's ways are different to the ways of the world. The world may have definitions and practices that do not agree with the way of Christ. The believer is called to follow Christ and the ways of God are to be followed by the true believer.

God instructs us not to fear or dread what the world fears. The believer is to regard God - and Him alone - as pure. God is to be feared. God is the one to dread. Why would this be so? I think it is because God is all-powerful and Almighty. But He is also loving and understanding. He loves me and, just as when He spoke to Isaiah, His strong hand is upon me. This hand can crush me, but it can also support and strengthen, and fight for me. The choice is mine.

During my "adventure" with the brain tumour last year,certain truths arising out of these words became apparent through my experience.  

Firstly, I felt God's strong hand upon me from the very start. Whilst the treatment is now finished, full healing has not yet been confirmed. But God is with me. He always has been, and always will be.

Secondly, I realise that my reaction was not as the world would react. I was not fearful or in dread. I knew God was with me, and I trusted Him completely. If He chose to take me home, that would be alright. He seems have spared me; I sense there is still work for me to do. I give myself to be held in His arms, and I look for the full outworking of His will in my life. Hallelujah!



Loving Father,
I am aware of Your love for me. I receive Your love in humility and thanksgiving. I trust You completely. I look forward to the ongoing journey with You. I am excited about the future. I thank You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment