Sunday 6 January 2019

Forever

Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, 
which cannot be shaken but endures forever.                Psalm 125.1


The theme of the solid and steadfast rock recurs for me. My God is dependable, totally reliable. As I trust in Him, I am secure. I will not be shaken. I may be sorely tested and tempted. I may experience hardship, even disaster. But I can hold on to my God in the secure knowledge that He will lead me through, if I will allow Him.

His strength is ever there for me – “forever”!

Today is part of forever. Tomorrow will fall into forever. As long as I live, and beyond, God’s firm strength and gentle presence are there for me to rest in, and to grow in. I would indeed be foolish to reject such strong support and life.




Lord God,
I repeat my trust in You. The theme continues, Lord, that You are my refuge and my strength. I can trust You. I may rest and shelter under Your covering and You will uphold me.
Today, Lord, I am relaxed and it is not difficult to come to You in this way. I pray for those times when it might be harder for me to see You in the very midst of my life. I do not wish for such times but, should they occur, I ask for reassurance from You of Your eternal presence. It is during difficult and hard times that I really need to know my security in You and, at such times, I believe You will hear and answer this prayer.
Lord God, it is a joy to meet with You. I lay this day before You and ask that You lead me through it into all the experience and fulfilment You have for me.
Come with me. Lord, into the adventure of today. Let me know and feel Your presence. Let us enjoy our time together. Hallelujah!           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment