Wednesday 2 January 2019

Fleeting

Man is like a breath; his days are like a fleeting shadow.  Psalm 144.4


Man is transient in the wonder of creation and eternity. Yet man is so important to God that He gave of Himself to secure man as His own. How wonderful is this great God and His love for us! I could, many times, consider my individual life to be unimportant and insignificant. But against the knowledge of God’s love and sacrifice for me, I see significance and meaning for my life in Him.

The paradigm of seeing my life in God’s plan is the essential perspective for me to adopt. He tells me His ways are not my ways, and His thoughts are higher than my thoughts. Why do I not simply accept this, and release myself to Him daily, in humble obedience?

I may struggle and falter if I seek to pick my own way through. Surely, my way is in Him.

The psalmist cries:

“Show me, O Lord, my life’s end 
and the number of my days; 
let me know how fleeting is my life.”          Psalm 39.4

I would rather say,

Lord God,
I thank You that I am significant to You. I thank You that You have a purpose for my life and I yield myself to You for that purpose.
I ask that You show me the way where I need to see the way. Please strengthen me to follow Your way as sometimes I am very aware of my own weaknesses.
However many may be the days of my life I do not aspire to know. My desire is simply to serve You all my days.
Hear my prayer, and answer it I pray, in Jesus' name.              Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment