Saturday 11 August 2018

Wicked?

“But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die.”                                    Ezekiel. 18.21


For chapter after chapter Ezekiel relates God’s reaction – nay, His just response to the infidelity and sin of Israel – of the nation of Israel, the people of Israel and Judah. They have occasioned wickedness upon wickedness, and the righteous indignation and wrath of the Lord is upon them. 

But there is hope. Amidst all the wickedness and despondency, God speaks a word of promise. If the wicked man chooses to turn away from sin, to embrace the ways of the Lord, to keep his decrees and do always what is right, then he will live. He will not be punished with death. He will be spared by the Lord.

This word is a preface to the saving grace of God demonstrated by Jesus in His sacrifice for all who would turn to Him.

How consistent God is. His plan was always to redeem His creation from the sin they got themselves into, to restore them to wonderful relationship with Himself.




Lord God,
I thank You for the gift of Your love. I seek more of it today. Through Ezekiel You offered salvation to the sinner of the day. In Jesus You offer exquisite release from sin, and eternal life to all who would turn to You. What wonderful expressions of love! And Your word to me in recent days is that You will swamp me with Your love.
Sweet Lord, I rejoice in who I am in You. I thank You for the confidence You give me – Your confidence. I yield myself to You at the start of this day and I look to Your leading through the day.
Take me. Dazzle me. Fill me, in Jesus’ name I ask.                  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment