Monday 13 August 2018

The difference

They are to teach my people the difference between the holy and the common and show them how to distinguish between the unclean and the clean.    Ezekiel 44.23


These are the words of the Lord to Ezekiel in regard to the responsibilities of his priests.

I see the need for this teaching today perhaps every bit as much as when it was written. The world is so far into the common as to be, often, obscene. The church, sadly, confuses the holy with the common and taints the image and message of God to all people.

As I’ve been reading and meditating today, I have felt also something of as stirring in regard to prayer – personal prayer for me, but also corporate prayer. There is such a power in the prayers that God’s people offer to Him in ardour and true faith. Just now, I feel a faint stirring, no deep revelation. However, I wonder if God has something to say to me. 




Lord God,
I thank You for Your Word today – both that which is spoken in Your Holy Scriptures, and that which is unspoken, but rather felt, and which I have felt faintly stirring within me today.
I pray that You would lead me to teach Your people the difference between the holy and the common. Lord, prepare me. I am nothing on my own, but, with You, I can do anything.
I ask that You would open doors. I ask You to open doors to enable me to teach, in Your Holy Spirit, the difference between the holy and the common. I ask You that You would lead me to lead others into holiness. I ask that You would open doors to enable me to minister prayer – to teach on prayer – powerful, life-changing Jesus-giving prayer.
I ask this in the magnificent name of Jesus.           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment