Sunday 5 August 2018

Churned up

For I am the LORD your God, who churns up the sea so that its waves roar – the Lord Almighty is his name.
I have put my words in your mouth and covered you with the shadow of my hand.                                                                Isaiah 51.15,16a

This is the Almighty God. He has control over everything. As I read the words churns up the sea I am mindful of the picture I saw yesterday as I left home and travelled down the coast.

The sea at Newport was churning. It was spectacular, tumultuous. The breakers were giving off foam metres out from the shore. It was exhilarating. And the scene was repeated. At Collaroy, Long Reef, Dee Why and Curl Curl, the sea was giving constant evidence to this violent, majestic action that was rising it up.

This is the same powerful, yea supreme force that is at work in me. He is my guardian and my guide, my source, my being, my everything. He puts the words into my mouth – His words. He covers me with the shadow of His hand, ensuring my full protection and provision. He is my Lord and my God. In Him I will trust.  




Lord God,
Thank You. Thank You for this day. Thank You for this time. Thank You for this life.
I place myself in Your hands. I ask that You would put Your words into my mouth. I pray that You will cover me, and keep me covered, with the shadow of Your hand. I look to You, today and every day, for the pouring out of Your Holy Spirit into my life, for Your leading in all that I do.
I love You. My desire is for You to fill my life with Your presence for Your will to be done in all of me. 
I trust You. I surrender, and ask You to come, take me, fill me, use me, enjoy me, in Jesus’ name.                         Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment